So I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award by my dearest Nikki (>^_^)><(^o^<). I’m very grateful for receiving this award, especially since she nominated me for it 🙂
As always, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
And here are my answers to Nikki’s questions:
- What, or who, makes you genuinely smile?
Anything and everything really. I sometimes even burst out laughing while walking down the street all by myself, just ’cause I’ve remembered something someone’s done or said, or a certain event. I don’t meant to sound cheesy though, but some of the things that really make me happy and smile with all my heart are the moments I’ve shared with a person while we were all alone, or hearing someone one the street play a song and realise that I know that song and haven’t heard it in ages, seeing someone else smile, the unexpected things that people say or do every now and then, the unexpected things that I do (if they manage to not be a disaster), or taking in the early spring sunlight following a dark winter. Amongst others.
- What’s one of your favourite books or films that you’d like to see turned into anime? (I’m asking this because I’d be so thrilled if anybody ever thought to turn the Harry Potterbooks into an anime series…perhaps without the loopholes in the story).
Hmmmmmmm….. Harry Potter would be amazing to see as a proper anime and I’d like to add ‘Pet Sematary’ (because I still dream of the day when I’ll actually see a proper version of that book and anime can do anything xD) and all of Asano Inio’s works. That’s all I can think of for now :D.
- What’s your catchphrase? (or a couple of them, if you can’t choose)
- If, at the moment you are reading a book, write the line you last read; if you’re listening to a song, write the line that’s being sung; if you’re doing neither of these, write one of your favourite quotes, be it from an anime or book or film or anything, really.
Here’s the last line from one of the books that I’m still reading:
“Now if there is nothing fearful for the elements themselves in their constant changing of each into another, why should one look anxiously in prospect at the change and dissolution of them all? This is in accordance with nature: and nothing harmful is in accordance with nature.” (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations)
- What’s the weirdest déjà vu you’ve ever experienced? (Yes, they’re all weird by nature, I know).
Eeerm, I once had one that I was convinced was to do with the future instead of the past, but I don’t even remember what exactly it was, nor do I know how to explain it. Maybe my poor neurons were just in overdrive Oo.
- What’s the last thing you do before going to bed? (Please don’t think of pervy stuff!)
Brush my teeth? Turn off the lights? Put some hand cream on? Think about all sorts of stuff? I don’t know exactly, but I’ll pay more attention tonight ^^.
- What’s an anime series that’s very close and dear to your heart, due to someone you have watched it with? (If you can’t choose one, you’re allowed two, but no more than that)
The first thing that came to my mind when reading this question was Kara no Kyoukai. I first saw it with Nikki a few years back and that experience has stuck with me ever since. I can’t say how thankful I am to her for introducing me to this anime, or rather for sharing it and all that it means to her with me.
I haven’t had the chance to really follow any blogs here just yet, but I will definitely come back to this post and finish it off with a set of questions and nominees asap.
And as always, thanks for stopping by! 🙂